We are pleased to offer a CLE program and new educational opportunity for the more experienced practitioner, although young lawyers are also encouraged to sign up.
The Advanced Expert Witness Workshop will be held at the University of Richmond Law School from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. (up to 5 CLE credit hours pending) followed by a reception. The agenda is focused on effective cross examination of a variety of experts, preparing your experts for cross examination, and practical tips to combat some vexing expert discovery issues. The agenda includes, with more speakers and topics to be announced, the following:
· Stop Harassing My Experts! How to Defend Experts from Onerous Financial Disclosure Requests and How to Prepare your Expert for Cross Examination on Financial Interest and/or Bias.
Danielle Giroux, Harman Claytor Corrigan Wellman
Tate C. Love, Timberlake, Smith, Thomas & Moses, P.C.
· When to Use Vocational Rehabilitation and Life Care Planner experts and Effective Cross Examination
Sean Workowski, Frith Anderson & Peake
Susan Wirt, MSN, Wirt & Associates
· Cutting the Malarkey in Premises Liability and Construction Cases: How to identify when plaintiff’s liability experts erroneously claim violations of inapplicable codes and voluntary standards, what to do, and how to effectively use your own liability expert.
Nicholas J. Lawrence, Bancroft, McGavin, Horvath & Judkins, P.C.
Jim Schofield, CED Technologies
· Effective Use of Accident Reconstruction Experts in Virginia
David Drash, Teumer &Drash
Matt Dwyer, President, Accident Technology, Inc.
H. Robert Yates, O'Hagan Meyer
· Expert War Stories and Tips on Effective Cross Examination of Engineering Experts
Moderator: Madelaine Kramer, Sands Anderson
Marty Conn, Moran Reeves & Conn
Michael Garnier, Garnier & Garnier
Sam Sudler, S-E-A
Additional panelists pending
Limited VADA-discounted hotel rooms are available at the Westin Richmond (6631 W. Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230). Call 888-627-7786 and mention "VADA" before February 22 for the $137 discounted rate.
Registration for this unique event is limited and fills quickly.
$175 - Early Bird Registration (Discounted registration fee ends February 21)
$200 - Regular Registration (After February 21)
New members, registration includes your first year membership in VADA. No membership bill sent until 2021. Contact Sherma Mather at email@example.com for details.