Sponsored by Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company ,Planet Depos and RTI.
This is a hands-on, two-day workshop to learn the skills needed to (1) face down a bullying senior plaintiffs’ attorney; (2) handle a lying deponent; (3) pull the information you need out of a reticent deponent; (4) ensure that what you discover in depositions is admissible in court; (5) use the latest in technology to build an air-tight case; (6) depose experts effectively; (7) handle sympathetic or minor deponents; and more!
The second day will be spent in four-person breakouts in which each new attorney will play the parts of deponent, defense attorney, plaintiffs’ attorney, and observer. At each stage of the depositions, senior coach-attorneys will critique performances and suggest approaches to use.
Registration will be limited. Late registrants may come as observers and may be wait-listed as participants.
* 8.5 credit hours have been requested.
* The registration fee is $250 before February 23. After February 23 the fee is $275. Register using the form below and follow up with an online credit payment or mail a check to:
Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys - Depo Workshop
1915 Huguenot Road, Ste 301
Richmond, VA, 23235
* 2018 VADA membership included if you join when registering. No membership bill sent until January 2019.
* Registrants will be notified by e-mail when written material is available for downloading.
* A limited room block is available at the The Westin Richmond (6631 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23230). Book your hotel online before February 22 for the $135 discounted rate.
Questions? Contact VADA Director of Meetings Amy Gilbody at email@example.com or (804) 402-6788.